Friday 15 February 2013

Curry Cravings

I'm stuck in a craving rut. Chocolate? Not feeling it. Soup? I'm okay without it (this is shocking if you really know me). Peanut Butter? It's all good and well, but I'm definitely not craving it. For the past two weeks or so all I can think about eating are dishes with garam masala, coconut milk, cilantro, basmati rice or naan. I've had Indian food on the brain and the cravings are driving me nuts! A couple days ago I just had to get in the kitchen and do something about it. I had seen a delicious looking recipe for Aloo Gobi, or Cauliflower Curry, on Pinterest and decided to recreate it.
Image taken from my Instagram account
It was reallllly delicious and I may or may not have had a bit of trouble sharing it. I did make a few alterations to suit my personal tastes, such as increasing the amount of each spice, adding a bit of tomato paste and also green peas at the last minute. YUM! If you decide to try this one out, ensure that your potatoes are not cut too big, unless they have been parboiled, or you'll be waiting awhile for them to cook through. For me, this is warm, comforting soul-food and I would eat it daily if I could!


No comments:

Post a Comment